Join the Leading Educators in the Housing Management Industry
The National Center for Housing Management is powered by a team of highly motivated and dedicated professionals working in concert to produce the best educational content in the housing industry. Our leading content experts and instructors are supported by a dedicated production team that leverages world-class technology platforms to deliver content that is engaging and informative. Our environment is collaborative, fast-paced, and fun.
Our full-time staff and our contract instructors have the flexibility to work from our offices in Jacksonville Beach, Milwaukee, or entirely remotely from their own homes. In addition to that flexibility, our full-time staff receives a generous benefits package.
The demand for NCHM educational courses and services is at an all-time high. If you are an experienced housing professional looking to share your knowledge with others on a highly respected, nationwide platform, contact us.
Work Remotely from Home
Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan
Life & Disability Insurance
11 paid holidays
12 to 20 days of paid vacation/personal
Senior Associate – Full-time
NCHM is seeking a full-time Senior Associate to assist in developing, updating, and delivering the NCHM’s industry-leading education and certification programs for professionals and organizations involved with the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) subsidized housing programs, the federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program, as well as other affordable housing programs..
The right candidate will have an opportunity to join a team of highly motivated and dedicated professionals in an environment that values and supports their work. With access to world-class technological platforms, a dedicated multimedia production team, and leading industry experts, the Senior Associate will help produce educational content that will enrich and professionalize the affordable housing industry and its professionals.
As a full-time staff member, the Senior Associate will enjoy competitive compensation, work from home flexibility, and a generous benefits package. For more information, see the section below.Please complete the resume submission form below.
Detailed Job Description
The Senior Associate assists in developing, updating, and delivering the National Center for Housing Management’s industry-leading education and certification programs for professionals and organizations involved with the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) subsidized housing programs, the federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program, as well as other affordable housing programs.
The Senior Associate serves as a Teaching Assistant (TA), and once qualified internally, a Lead Instructor for the delivery of Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS), Tax Credit Specialist (TCS), and other courses.
Under the direction of senior staff, the Senior Associate assists with NCHM-contracted work for clients. Projects may include file auditing, developing Language Access Plans, creating customized training options, and other assignments.
The Senior Associate reports for administrative purposes to NCHM’s Director of HUD Programs but takes substantive direction on assignments from both the Director of HUD Programs and the Director of Tax Credit Programs.
Product Development and Delivery
The Senior Associate is a subject matter expert for NCHM training programs and services. This requires a working knowledge of HUD subsidized programs and the federal LIHTC program. Additionally, NCHM programs and services include coverage of HOME compliance, “layered” or “blended” programs, and other affordable housing programs. The Senior Associate assists the Directors in keeping all courses, webinars, and related materials in the subject area up to date. The Senior Associate collaborates with NCHM’s Media Production staff to ensure that all NCHM programs in their areas of responsibility are current from a design standpoint and are ready for production and dissemination.
The Senior Associate is expected to serve as a Teaching Assistant (TA) and/or a Lead Instructor at least twice monthly. The vast majority of NCHM’s training and certification programs are delivered online. On occasion, NCHM delivers in-person training and in such cases, the Senior Associate may be called upon to travel to varying locations across the USA with the typical trip involving between three and five weekdays.
Subject Matter Expertise
The Senior Associate will share their expertise in HUD, LIHTC, and other affordable housing programs in non-training activities of NCHM including:
• Reviewing and responding to compliance-related questions from clients.
• Working with other NCHM staff and clients on consulting projects.
• Collaborating with NCHM staff to edit product content.
• Assisting with tracking of product development.
• Keeping abreast of industry updates and researching any upcoming policy revisions.
• Assist senior staff in building and maintaining relationships with HUD staff, state housing agency representatives, contract administrators, owners/agents, and others for the purpose of expanding awareness of NCHM programs and services.
• Contribute to the development of marketing materials on relevant topics as requested.
• Research and assist with the evolution of NCHM’s client resources.
• Participate in training, company meetings, and other activities as directed.
• Carry out special assignments as directed.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, policies and procedures contained in the company’s Employee Handbook.
• Four-year college degree (or equivalent professional training and/or experience).
• Minimum of five years’ experience in affordable housing regulations, with in-depth knowledge of HUD subsidized programs, and the federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit program.
• Hands-on experience in affordable housing property management, development, asset management, compliance consulting, or with a state housing finance agency.
• Hold NCHM’s Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) certification, preferably with a high pass score on the COS exam*
• Hold NCHM’s Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) certification, preferably with a high pass score on the TCS exam*
• Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
• Must have extremely good writing skills.
• Professional-level computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, particularly Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability to generate high-quality work on a deadline.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to NCHM.
• Ability to travel.
• Job training experience.
• Hold advanced level certifications in federal housing compliance, such as NCHM’s COS-Advanced or TCS-Advanced, Blended Occupancy Specialist (BOS), or Home Compliance Specialist (HCS)*.
• Completion of Fair Housing training within the past eighteen months.
*Consideration may be given to holders of similar affordable housing industry certifications from other organizations.
NCHM, the leading provider of education to the affordable housing industry, is seeking part-time contract instructors to join its faculty. These are extremely flexible positions that are perfect for someone who is currently employed in the housing industry or is self-employed. Currently, all training is done online so there is no travel required for these positions at this time. Candidates must possess an NCHM certification in the course they teach with a high-pass score and may teach one or more courses, depending on their qualifications. Previous teaching or job training experience preferred but not required.
Please complete the resume submission form below.