NCHM Cancellation Policy
Cancellation requests made in writing and received by NCHM at least twenty-one (21) days in advance of the first day of the Course shall entitle the Customer to either a full refund of the course fee paid less a $50 processing fee or a 100% credit of the amount paid to a future NCHM course taken within one year of the original Course start date. Customer should indicate preference at the time of the cancellation request. If no preference is noted, Customer’s account will be credited for future use.
Cancellation requests received less than twenty-one (21) days but more than three (3) days in advance of the first day of the Course shall result in a 50% credit of the amount paid to a future NCHM course taken within one year of the original course start date.
Any cancellation request received three (3) or less days prior to the start of the course or any no-shows shall result in the forfeiture of all amounts paid and Customer shall remain liable for any unpaid amounts.
Cancellations can be sent by US Mail or email to the following:
National Center for Housing Management
333 North 1st Street, Suite 305
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
Attention: Customer Service
NCHM will issue a Confirmation of Cancellation email upon the timely receipt of a cancellation request. Customer is advised to retain a copy of the Confirmation email as proof that the cancellation was received and approved.
A substitute attendee, defined as a person from the same organization attending a course in place of a registered participant, will be allowed without penalty provided the substitute attends the same course at the same location and date as the originally registered participant and provided that NCHM is notified in writing prior to the start of the program.
For information regarding postponements or cancellations by NCHM please refer to the Terms and Conditions found on NCHM’s website at nchm.org.
Note: Temporary Easing of Cancellation Policy due to Coronavirus
Effective March 9, 2020 and until modified or rescinded, NCHM is temporarily easing its course cancellation policy for classroom-based courses (these temporary changes do not apply to online courses). During this period, the following changes apply:
- Cancellations requests received at least twenty-one (21) days in advance will not be subject to the $50 administrative charge.
- Cancellations requests received less than twenty-one (21) days but more than three (3) days in advance of the first day of the Course will entitle the Customer to either: 1) apply the original course fee (included paid amounts and amounts due) to any NCHM online course of Customer’s choosing taken within six months of the original course start date, or 2) a 75% credit of the course fee to a future in-classroom NCHM course taken within one year of the original course start date.
- Any cancellation request received three (3) or less days prior to the start of the Course or any no-shows shall result in the forfeiture of all amounts paid and Customer shall remain liable for any unpaid amounts.
- The above applies to voluntary customer cancellations. Cancellations resulting from verifiable mandatory quarantine by an applicable public official shall entitle the Customer to a 100% refund or application of the amounts paid to any future NCHM course, either online or in classroom within one year.
- All other terms of NCHM’s cancellation policy, including written notice provisions shall remain in effect.