National Center for Housing Management
Program Terms and Conditions
(Effective as of May 14, 2020)
By registered for and/or attending an NCHM Course, Customer and Participant agree to the following terms and conditions.
“NCHM” means the National Center for Housing Management, Inc. with administrative offices at 333 North 1st Street, Suite 305, Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250.
“Customer” means the person or company registering the Participant and responsible for paying the fees associated with the Course.
“Participant” means the individual attending the Course.
“Course” means an educational program, training program, or webinar offered by NCHM either online or in a classroom setting and consisting of Course materials, presentations, handouts, exercises, and instruction.
“Certification” means any credential offered by NCHM as the result of a Participant meeting the standards established by NCHM.
“Exam” or “Examination” means a test administered by NCHM in conjunction with a Course and/or Certification.
ACCOMMODATION FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
We are committed to complying with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding reasonable accommodations for Course Participants with disabilities. Accommodations should be requested by a Participant or the Customer on behalf of the Participant, preferably in writing. In order to plan for and provide effective accommodations, we ask that accommodations be requested as early as possible, and no later than two weeks before the start of the Course.
Accommodations that fundamentally alter the nature of the services being provided, jeopardize safe operations, or result in undue financial or administrative hardship may not be available. NCHM will use its best efforts to discuss accommodations that are requested and deemed infeasible with the Participant and find mutually acceptable alternatives.
All fees are due upon registration unless prior arrangements have been made by the Customer to be invoiced by NCHM. Payment of invoices is due in full within thirty (30) days of invoice date. If payment is not received on time, NCHM may charge a late fee of $50.
Certification Exam results will not be released until all fees are paid.
Participants seeking a Certification agree to adhere to the rules contained herein with respect to the administration, issuance, and use of said Certification.
- Only the Participant registered for a Certification Course is entitled take the Course and the Certification Examination associated with it.
- The use of any aids in the taking of an Exam besides those expressly provided by NCHM during the Course is prohibited. If a Participant uses any prohibited aid, his or her Exam will not be graded, and the Participant will not be eligible to receive the Certification. No refunds will be made for the cost of the Course or certification and no re-test will be permitted.
- The Participant agrees to abide by the rules provided to him or her at the time of the Exam administration. Failure to adhere to the rules may result in expulsion from the Exam and/or invalidation of the Exam. No refunds will be made for the cost of the Course or certification and no re-test will be permitted.
- NCHM will use its best efforts to inform the Participant of the results of any Certification Exam within two weeks of the administration of the Exam. NCHM is expressly authorized by the Participant to release the results of any Examination to his or her employer or the Customer, unless the Participant is also the Customer and advises NCHM in writing in advance of the administration of the Exam that he or she does not want the results released to the employer.
- NCHM will issue a Certification only upon successful completion of the associated certification test and payment of all fees.
- After being issued the Certification, Participant shall have the right to use the title and logo of the Certification for a period of one year. This time can be prolonged only upon Participant meeting the requirements established by NCHM from time to time including payment of any extension fees and completion of any required continuing education.
- NCHM reserves the right to establish and/or modify continuing education requirements for any Certification at any time in its sole discretion. Should Participant fail to fulfill the requirements NCHM shall have the right to suspend or terminate the Certification.
RELEASE OF EXAM SCORES AND CERTIFICATION STATUS
Exam scores shall be released automatically to the Participant taking the Exam after grading and verification.
Upon written request, Exam scores and certification status will be released to an authorized representative of the employer of the participant provided that:
- The authorized representative is the supervisor of the participant or a senior member of the employer’s management staff acting on behalf of the employer
- The employer paid for, or reimbursed the Participant for, the cost of the Certification Course.
Notwithstanding the above, NCHM will release scores to any third-party upon written request from the Participant taking the Exam.
All requests for Exam scores and certification status shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
COURSE POSTPONEMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
At times, we must change a course location or course date or postpone or cancel a course. We will try to give the Customer as much advance notice as possible of any such change or cancellation. If a Participant is unable to attend the course at the revised location or on the revised date, we will credit 100% of any prepaid course tuition fees paid against a future course or, if requested, refund those fees. NCHM is not responsible for any travel or other expenses incurred by or on behalf of the Participant or Customer resulting from the cancellation or change.
CANCELLATIONS DUE TO INADEQUATE REGISTRATIONS/CONFIRMATION OF CLASSROOM VENUE
NCHM reserves the right to cancel any program that does not meet its minimum class size requirement. Should NCHM cancel a Course due to inadequate registrations the Customer shall be entitled to the choice of a full refund or 100% credit of the amounts paid to a future Course. For in-classroom courses NCHM is not obligated to confirm an exact venue for the Course until the minimum registration requirement is met. To assist Participants in planning NCHM will use its best efforts to confirm the venue for a Course no later than two weeks prior to the start of the Course.
The cost of travel, lodging, meals, and other incidental expenses are not included in the Course registration fee. Any hotel room blocks or information regarding parking are provided as a courtesy. NCHM makes no guarantee of availability or pricing of either lodging or parking.
CANCELLATION BY CUSTOMER
Cancellations by Customer are subject to NCHM’s Cancellation Policy which can be found on its website at nchm.org.
ONLINE CONNECTIVITY/TECHNICAL PROBLEMS
For online courses Participant is responsible for ensuring adequate online connectivity and equipment necessary to receive the instruction. Should NCHM experience a technical problem on its end that it determines, in its sole discretion, requires the Course to be cancelled or postponed, NCHM shall have the option to either provide the Customer a full refund or offer the Course at a later date.
NCHM shall maintain a toll-free number and provide said number to the Participant prior to or at the start of the Course for the purposes of reporting any technical problems. It is the obligation of the Participant or Customer to promptly report any issues receiving the online instruction.
SECURITY AND BEHAVIOR AT CLASSROOM VENUE
The Customer and Participant agree that the Participant will abide by security measures and reasonable rules of behavior at the Course location. NCHM is not responsible for, nor does it make a representations concerning, the facilities or personnel at venues provided by third-parties.
The Participant can use any course materials provided or made available in connection to our courses solely during and for the purposes of the course and does not have any ownership interest or license to these materials for any other purpose, use, or time. All copyrights, patents, designs and other intellectual property rights in or relating to any course materials provided or made available in connection with our courses remain the sole property of NCHM. No part of any course materials may be used for any other purpose, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, disseminated, or transmitted, or published in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, or translated into any language without the prior written permission from NCHM.
The Customer and Participant agree to defend, hold harmless, and indemnify NCHM, its affiliates, and its partners/vendors against any allegations, investigations, claims, actions, demands, damages, expenses, fees (including attorney’s fees and court costs) caused by, arising out of, or related to the Customer’s, Participant’s or a third party’s unauthorized use, reproduction, dissemination, publication, transmission, or storage of any materials provided or made available to customer in connection with our courses including but not limited to any alleged infringements of patents, trademarks, registered designs, design rights or copyright.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
NCHM makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of its courses or certifications for use by the Customer or Participant or that such courses or certifications shall lead to employment or continuing employment of the Participant. It is the obligation of the Customer and Participant to perform the due diligence he, she, or it determines is necessary and sufficient to judge the suitability of any course or certification for Customer or Participant’s intended use.
These terms and conditions set out above represent a complete statement of the agreement between the parties and supersede all prior discussions, correspondence and representations. NCHM brochures and advertisements are for information purposes only and are not intended to form any agreement between NCHM and the recipient. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice and changes will apply to any enrollment/course order received after the date of the change. These terms and conditions may not be varied except in a written agreement signed by an officer of NCHM. NCHM’s acceptance of a purchase order containing different terms and conditions does not modify or supersede these terms and conditions. This agreement will be governed by Florida law, without regard to any conflicts of law.