In this unprecedented time, HUD Owners/Agents (O/As) are experiencing unexpected move-outs, longer than average turnover times, and delays in processing move-ins. HUD’s Coronavirus (COVID-19): Questions and Answers for Office of Multifamily Housing Stakeholders reminds O/As that Section 8, PRAC and PRA units are eligible to claim vacancy loss under their existing contracts. Special Claims must be processed in a timely manner and O/As must follow specific steps to qualify for payments. Don’t miss out on this important source of income for your property.
Join Lisa Vercauteren, NCHM’s Senior Vice President for Compliance Programs, for an in-depth look at HUD’s Special Claims Processing Guide with an emphasis on those claims mostly likely to arise due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What you'll learn:
· How to make a Vacancy Claim for time lost between tenants
· How to make a claim for Unpaid Rent, Tenant Damages and Other Charges left at move out including:
o The difference between normal wear and tear and damages
o How to calculate "life expectancy" of replaceable items and the amount that can be billed
· How to process a Special Claim for Vacancy Loss During Rent-up
· How to Process a Special Claim for Debt Service Vacancy Payments
· What forms and documentation are required to submit a claim.
In addition you will have the opportunity to get your questions about Special Claims answered by America’s leading expert on HUD occupancy regulations.