WEBINAR TIME: 1-3:30PM Eastern Time
Due to the extensive nature of the Notice and to provide sufficient time for Q&A, this special webinar has been scheduled for 2.5 hours. Additionally, the webinar will be updated with any last minute changes or additions to HUD guidance that may be issued after the April 10, 2020 Notice.
On April 10, 2020 HUD’s Office of Public and Indian Housing issued Notice PIH 2020-05 providing for statutory and regulatory waivers for several housing programs including Public Housing, Housing Choice Vouchers, Indian Housing Block Grant, and Indian Community Development Block Grant programs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 63-page document outlines in great detail numerous changes to regulatory requirements for public housing agencies (PHAs), Indian tribes, and tribally-designated housing entities (TDHEs).
Join Lisa Vercauteren, NCHM’s Senior Vice President for Housing Programs, and Chris Mazzola, NCHM’s National Director of Housing Programs, as they help navigate through the many changes and their impact on day-to-day operations.
Participants will learn:
- Scope and authority for the waivers
- The waiver application process
- Time periods covered by the waivers
- Waivers impacting tenant Annual Examinations
- Waivers impacting Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher EIV monitoring, Family Self-Sufficiency, Waiting Lists
- Waivers regarding HCV administration, HAP renewals and HQS Inspections
- Public Housing waivers related to Capital Grants, ACOPs, Energy Audits and several other areas
- PHAS and SEMAP reporting
- Other waivers and guidance impacting Public and Indian Housing