Maintenance staff are the "eyes and ears" of the housing provider. They interact with residents on a daily basis, including inside a resident's apartment to make necessary repairs. This level of access can be extremely beneficial in some contexts, and risky in others. Most fair housing training is directed at the executive or site management level, and maintenance-specific offerings are rare.
This on-demand class introduces the fundamentals of the Fair Housing Act regulations and relates them to the daily work of maintenance directors, maintenance staff, and vendors.
Participants will learn:
- The fundamentals of the Fair Housing Act as amended
- The concept of Reasonable Accommodations for individuals with disabilities
- What does it mean to be Limited English Proficient and what housing providers can do to give equal access in our communities
- Examples of where maintenance staff and/or vendors he violated fair housing provisions
- Proactive measures you can take to protect your employer-and yourself-from complaints and financial losses
Presentation Length: 1 Hour 5 Minutes